CATS: Becoming a Teacher
Welcome to the part of the College of Education Advising and Teacher Education Success (CATS) Office that focuses on teacher education preparation.
In support of Teacher Education, we assist all students working toward a degree in teacher education, including our secondary education students. As a guide on your journey through the process of becoming a teacher, we're here to:
- orient and guide you toward formal admission to Teacher Education
- serve as a resource for field experience and student teaching
- assist you in monitoring your progress
- prepare you for final steps toward licensure upon completion of your degree
CATS / Teacher Education Support
The CATS Office team is here to work with you, your faculty, our field experience placement team and offices across UNI to ensure as smooth a journey as possible on your road to becoming a teacher. These team members lead the way in assisting all teacher education students:
- Benjamin Forsyth, director of educator preparation
- Tami Powers, clinical placement administrator and licensing advisor
- Lori Wurtz, secretary III
Benjamin Forsyth, Ph.D.
Director, Educator Preparation, and Associate Professor, Educational Psychology
Tami Powers, Ed.D.
Clinical Placement Administrator and Licensing Advisor