Network. Plan. Prepare.

For incoming and current students

With the graduate emphasis of Educational Psychology, Foundations & Leadership Studies (EPFLS), you’ll:  

  • Find graduate internships and assistantships so you can apply what you learn as you study
  • Get involved in student organizations
  • Begin to build networks through professional organizations
  • Locate scholarship opportunities
  • Access helpful resources 

EPFLS faculty and staff who mentor both undergraduate and graduate areas of study are known for their open doors and passion to propel you to the next level in your studies and careers. 

Funding Support

MILE and More


As an undergraduate College of Education student, you have access to more than 100 scholarships by filling out the universal UNI online scholarship application. 

Helping support graduate education are these EPFLS-related scholarships:

  • Paul C. and Dorothy S. Kelso Memorial Endowed Scholarship
  • Sue Stedman Educational Leadership Endowed Scholarship
  • Betty J. Hyde Endowed Scholarship
  • Marilyn Jorgensen Education Scholarship
  • Dean’s Graduate Scholarships ($1,500 each) 

The Hyde and Jorgensen scholarships support the MILE program, or Minorities in Leadership Education, intended to increase the presence of persons of color and traditionally underrepresented groups in school leadership positions.

Applying Your Experience

Graduate Assistantships

Graduate assistantships are an opportunity to gain experience in your field while working toward your degree. You can apply for GA positions as both master’s and doctoral program students, pending position availability. GA positions are often available within EPFLS for the following:

  • Educational leadership
  • Postsecondary education: student affairs
  • School psychology
  • Institute for Educational Leadership 

In addition, student affairs-related positions are often available in student-related offices across campus. Some examples: Admissions, Career Services, Financial Aid, Registrar’s Office, Graduate College, Housing/Residence Life, Office of Dean of Students, Academic Advising, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Student Wellness. 

If you’re an on campus student, you can also apply for a graduate tuition scholarship.