Strength and Conditioning Minor
Specialize in strength and conditioning and help others achieve their fitness goals.
The strength and conditioning minor teaches students how to properly plan and design training programs for different types of athletes (high school, professional, etc.) and purposes (weight training, speed, etc.). Whether you’re pursuing a career in this field or looking to add to your future grad school application, this minor will help you focus your studies and prepare you for national certification exams in strength and conditioning.
Interested in a Strength and Conditioning Minor?
Contact us directly at:
Department of Kinesiology
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0200
Courses & Careers
Below are the 18 credit hours of courses required for this minor. Keep in mind, students must maintain a 2.5 or above GPA to complete this minor.
- First Aid and CPR for Physical Educators
- Conditioning Theory and Practice
- Anatomy and Physiology of Human Movement
- Physiology of Exercise
- Scientific Principles of Strength and Conditioning
- Strength and Conditioning Programming and Technique
Interested in any of these careers? Increase your span of abilities — and marketability — with this minor.
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Youth sports coach
- Physical education teacher
- Fitness trainer