Recreation, Tourism & Nonprofit Leadership Minor
A minor in recreation, tourism & nonprofit leadership (RTNL) provides you with a concentration of coursework that can apply to various community, health and human services and nonprofit settings. Explore your interests in outdoor activities. Gain a glimpse into the world of event and tourism planning and marketing. Learn the basics of working and making an impact in the nonprofit sector. This is a flexible minor with loads of options for you to explore and find your passion.
Interested in a Recreation, Tourism & Nonprofit Leadership Minor?
Fill out your information here and we'll be in touch!
Contact us directly at:
Department of Health, Recreation & Community Services
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0200
Phone: (319) 273-6316
Choose classes that excite you. Our program focuses on giving students flexibility. This means that as you work to complete the 18 semester hours of coursework required, you’ll have a ton of electives to choose from.
Here are some of the courses you can choose to take in this minor:
- Foundations of Tourism
- Foundations of the Nonprofit Sector
- Foundations of Outdoor Recreation
- Programming for Recreation, Tourism and Nonprofit Leadership
- Marketing in Recreation, Tourism and Nonprofit Leadership
- Special Events Management
- Community Based Tourism
- History of Outdoor Recreation
- Assessment, Programming and Evaluation in Therapeutic Recreation