Recreation, Tourism & Nonprofit Leadership Minor
A flexible path to explore
A minor in recreation, tourism & nonprofit leadership (RTNL) provides you with a concentration of coursework that can apply to various community, health and human services and nonprofit settings. Explore your interests in outdoor activities. Gain a glimpse into the world of event and tourism planning and marketing. Learn the basics of working and making an impact in the nonprofit sector. This is a flexible minor with loads of options for you to explore and find your passion.
Choose classes that excite you. Our program focuses on giving students flexibility. This means that as you work to complete the 18 semester hours of coursework required, you’ll have a ton of electives to choose from.
Here are some of the courses you can choose to take in this minor:
- Foundations of Tourism
- Foundations of the Nonprofit Sector
- Foundations of Outdoor Recreation
- Programming for Recreation, Tourism and Nonprofit Leadership
- Marketing in Recreation, Tourism and Nonprofit Leadership
- Special Events Management
- Community Based Tourism
- History of Outdoor Recreation
- Assessment, Programming and Evaluation in Therapeutic Recreation