Explore the tourism industry and how you can be a part of it.
Tourism. It’s essential to the economy, touches almost every other industry and impacts us all. And it's not only here to stay, but constantly growing. Add to your skill base with this certificate which gives you insights into the travel, tourism and hospitality industry. That includes a broad knowledge of its history and development and the role of marketing, planning and management within it. Increase your marketability with this certificate that bridges business and healthy, thriving communities.
This certificate requires 15 semester hours of coursework and has various elective options to choose from. Below are the courses you might take while earning your certificate in tourism.
- Foundations of Tourism
- Marketing in Recreation, Tourism and Nonprofit Leadership
- Special Events Management
- Community Based Tourism
- Managing Recreation Impacts on the Natural Environment
- Eco, Adventure and Sport Tourism
- Community Planning Workshop