Student Teaching Requirements
- be fully admitted to the Teacher Education Program
- meet ALL grade point average requirements for student teaching:
- a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher on work at all colleges and universities a UNI GPA of 2.50 or higher
- a 2.50 GPA in my academic department (major)
- a 2.50 or higher cumulative GPA and a grade of C-(1.67) or higher in each Professional Education Sequence course (effective January 1, 2009)
- all methods courses listed as prerequisites for student teaching with a grade of C (2.00) or higher as well as other departmental requirements.
- NOTE: Check for specific department requirements when more than one professional methods course is required. Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School/Junior High School majors and Special Education minors are required to have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher and not lower than a C (2.00) in methods courses that are required prerequisites for student teaching.
- completed the High Risk Behaviors/Substance Abuse seminar.
- met all other departmental requirements.
- NOTE: Health Education and Physical Education majors are required to have current First Aid and CPR certification prior to student teaching.
- retained an acceptable professional disposition.
- U-bill is current (NO PAST DUE CHARGES)
Student Teaching Folder Forms (Before Student Teaching)
Registration: Your student teaching registration will be completed by the Department of Teaching. You will not be allowed to register for any classes during your student teaching semester.
Student Teaching Forms (During Student Teaching)
Notice of Concern Process