We ask for your consideration in making a gift to support the outstanding learning environment the UNI Department of Special Education provides today’s students. Help us Educate, Serve and Lead future generations.
This general fund combines gifts of all sizes to meet the demanding needs of the department. Listed below are examples of how your investment will be used and the resources needed to support these areas.
- Support students to attend conferences and participate in other professional development activities. ($500 - $1,000)
- Support expenses to bring in speakers, local authors, and illustrators to interact with students in the classroom. ($500 - $1,000)
- Support travel so students can participate in diversity immersion trips to foster their understanding of diverse cultures. ($500 +)
- Support travel for student teachers who have to drive long distances between home and their teaching assignment locations. ($100 - $500)
- Support faculty travel to professional meetings to present their scholarship. ($1,000 +)
- Support technology such as iPads and Apps that students may use for field experiences. ($100 +)
- Support technology upgrades to enhance teaching and support research for faculty. ($1,500 per package)
- Support for public relations materials that would be utilized to help promote the various programs within the department (Family Weekend, UpClose, student orientation, etc.). These materials would include display boards, program brochures, and logo items [pens, pencils, cups, etc.]. ($100 - $500)
- Support housing for students between the end of the UNI semester and the end of their student teaching semester. ($500 - $1,000)
- Support student organizations so they can develop and implement education related activities within the community. ($500 - $1,000)
Whether you make a gift to the Special Education Fund for Excellence, support a specific program, or have an idea for enhancing the education of our students, contact Director of Development Andrea Elliott at 319-273-6778 to discuss your impact today.