Areas of Expertise:
- Special education law and policy
- Educational policy
- Inclusive practices
- Teacher preparation
- Qualitative research
- Content methodology
- Policy and legal analyses
- Positive behavioral supports
- Promoting reflectivity in teacher preparation
- Etscheidt, S., & Curran, C. M. (in press). Peer-reviewed research and Individualized Education Programs (IEPs): An examination of intent and impact. Exceptionality.
- Etscheidt, S. & Curran, C. M. (in press). Reauthorization of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act [IDEA 2004]: The peer-reviewed research requirement. Journal of Disability Policy Studies.
- Clopton, K. & Etscheidt, S. (2009). Response to intervention data and expedited evaluations: Guidelines for school psychologists. Psychology in the Schools, 46(5), 459-470.
- BA Elementary Education University of Northern Iowa
- MAE Special Education University of Northern Iowa
- Ed.S. Special Education University of Northern Iowa
- Ph.D. Special Education University of Minnesota