Areas of Expertise:
- Disability studies
- Inclusive education arrangements and pedagogy
- Philosophy of science
- Sociology of education
- Qualitative inquiry
Analysis of the research methodology debates in special education
- Gallagher, D. J. (in press). Educational researchers and the making of normal people. In C. Dudley-Marling & A. Gurn (Eds.), Deconstructing the normal curve and reconstructing education for students with disabilities. New York: Peter Lang.
- Gallagher, D. J. (in press). A commentary on Hodkinson's The politics of legitimating research. In P. Hart (Ed.), Sage companion to research in education. London: Sage.
- Gallagher, D. J. (in press). Hiding in plain sight: The nature and role of theory in learning disability labeling. Disability Studies Quarterly.
- Baglieri, S., Valle, J. W., Connor, D. J., & Gallagher, D. J. (in press). Disability studies in education: The need for a plurality of perspectives on disability. Remedial and Special Education.
- BA English, Virginia Tech
- M.Ed. Learning Disabilities, Lynchburg College
- Ph.D. Special Education, University of Virginia