In a series of perspectives from University of Northern Iowa College of Education faculty:
- Disa Cornish, associate professor of public health and education, shares her perspective on the role of epidemiology during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Sarah Montgomery, associate professor of elementary education, speaks to social-emotional learning and mindfulness while at home.
- Kim Hurley, associate professor of physical education and kinesiology, offers ideas on how to keep kids active.
- Kerri Clopton, Nicole Skaar and Stephanie Schmitz, associate professors with the school psychology program, give you ideas on adapting at home with the new normal.
- In a Zoom conversation with Leslie Prideaux, assistant vice president, UNI alumni relations, Deb Tidwell, professor and interim director of the Jacobson Center for Comprehensive Literacy, shares how reading at home helps children in their reading at school.
- Rod Dieser, professor of recreation, tourism and leadership studies, talks in this Iowa Public Radio podcast about how our approach to leisure intersects with carefully navigating COVID-19 and its guidelines such as social distancing.