Information for Students

Forward Together: Protecting Our Panthers 

Turn to for return to campus information and continuing COVID-19 resources. 

Academic Programs and Requirements

Undergraduate Majors and Minors

Discover what you can study and what classes you’ll take, whether your future is in teaching or in health and human services.

Undergraduate Teacher Education Majors and Minors 

The College of Education works with UNI Teacher Education to prepare students to become elementary, middle and high school teachers. All teaching majors should visit the Office of Teacher Education website for up-to-date and complete information about the UNI Teacher Education Program.  Here are some teacher education FAQs. 

Student Teaching

The Department of Teaching is responsible for administering the student teaching component of the University of Northern Iowa's Teacher Education Program. A statewide network of student teachers centers offers a variety of student teaching sites in urban, suburban and rural school systems.

Graduate Program Information

Advance your career and continue your education with a master’s, doctorate or specialist degree in education or health and human services

Continuing Education

Earn your degree, endorsement or certificate online at your convenience.

Student Services and Resources

COE Student Advising

COE advisers offer undergraduate academic advising to all majors in early childhood education; elementary education; middle level education; recreation, tourism and nonprofit leadership; public health and education; movement and exercise science; and physical education--teaching.

Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships

Student Employment/Financial Aid

Career Services

Explore dozens of resources to help you land a job in state, out of state or internationally. Specific teaching-related career info can be found here.

COE Student Organizations/Groups

HNI Corporation Instructional Resources and Technology Services