Athletic Training and Rehab Studies Minor
If you are a pre-health major at UNI, the athletic training and rehabilitation studies minor offers a patient-focused foundation of courses, bringing together several courses often selected individually as electives.
Offered for the first time in fall 2020, the minor includes a variety of courses, from clinical anatomy to therapeutic intervention of injury. Within the coursework is a focus on developing patient interaction skills, which is valuable if you’re thinking of graduate education in fields such as athletic training, medicine, physical or occupational therapy.
Students must complete a total of 15 credits from any of the following:
- Introduction to Athletic Training & Applied Healthcare
- Clinical & Gross Human Anatomy
- Acute Care in Athletic Training
- Foundations of Orthopedic Injury Assessment & Pathology I
- Foundations of Therapeutic Interventions & Rehabilitation I
- General Medical Conditions
Athletic Training & Rehabilitation Studies major elective (up to 3 credits)
- Clinical Health Care Experience
- Foundations of Orthopedic Injury Assessment & Pathology II
- Clinical Decision-Making: A Culminating Experience for Healthcare Professionals
15 total credits