Community Nutrition Certificate
This certificate program focuses on promoting the health of our society through the lens of proper nutrition. Students who join this program will learn about:
- the impact nutritious eating has on a person’s overall health and wellness;
- the ways in which we can provide our bodies with the nutrition it needs to function at its best; and,
- the psychology behind why some people are more or less likely to live healthy lifestyles.
You can impact your community by applying the knowledge you gain in this certificate to your future career or local community.
Interested in this certificate?
Fill out your information here and we'll be in touch!
Contact us directly at:
Department of Health, Recreation & Community Services
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0200
Phone: (319) 273-6316
This certificate requires 17 semester hours of pre-determined coursework. Here are courses you will need to complete to earn your certificate in community nutrition.
- Introduction to Public Health
- Basic Nutrition
- Nutrition for Health Promotion
- Food and Nutrition Practicum
- Introduction to Psychology
- Health Psychology OR Motivation and Emotion