B.A. Biology/Education, 1977, Beloit College
M.S. Education Administration, 1992, Western Illinois University
Specialist in Education Administration, 1998, Drake University
Ed.D. Educational Leadership, 2011, Western Illinois University
Areas of Expertise
- Teacher evaluation
- School administration
- Standards-based teacher evaluation
- Whole grade sharing and professional learning communities
- American Association of School Administrators
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- School Administrators of Iowa
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Rotary Club International
As part of UNI Educational Leadership's ongoing professional learning, faculty members have participated in StrengthsQuest though the Gallup Organization. This process has allowed Educational Leadership team members to identify their unique strengths.
Dr. Huckstadt's strengths are: Developer, Responsibility, Strategic, Belief, and Relator.