What do you enjoy about what you do? Being able to share my experiences with my college class and their eagerness to learn and ask questions about leadership and education.
What is your teaching philosophy? Growth mindset is for all of us in an organization. We should strive to learn each and every day so that we can make a positive impact on those we serve: our learners!
What do you hope students learn from you? That it is ok not to be perfect and that growth is the willingness to reflect, engage and be willing to pick ourselves up each time we stumble! Life is about relationships and the impact we leave behind us...never miss an opportunity to connect, network, and collaborate with others!
- Principal preparation- educational leadership
- Teacher evaluation
- Culture & climate
- Organizational management
- Standards-based teacher & principal evaluation
- At-risk youth
- Impact of Mental Health on student achievement
- Effective leadership and the impact on culture and climate
- Special education practices in education
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP)
- School Administrator of Iowa (SAI)
- Iowa Council of Professors of Educational Administration (ICPEA)
- Iowa Council of Professors of Educational Leadership (ICPEL)
B.A. 1992 Northwestern College, Orange City, Iowa (Business Education/Coaching)
M.Ed. 2000 The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa (PK-12 Administration)
Ed.D. 2006 University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa (Curriculum & Instruction)
Ed.S. 2010 Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa (Superintendent/AEA Director/Special Education Director)