UEN-UNI Application Procedure for Master of Arts in Education (MAE) and Advanced Studies Certificate (ASC) (Principalship) Applicants in Educational Leadership:
Applicants must first complete a Graduate Application at https://admissions.uni.edu/apply
Select one of the following programs:
Principalship-MAE-268GPRE to obtain an Master of Arts in Education (MAE) degree with endorsement as PK-12 Principal/PK-12 Supervisor of Special Education
ASC-Principalship-26GPR (if you already have MA/MAE degree) to obtain an Advanced Studies Certificate (ASC) with endorsement as PK-12 Principal/PK-12 Supervisor of Special Education
Note: There will be a $60 application fee for admission to the program (unless you graduated from UNI with a BA, MA, or MAE).
Applicants submit required documents to support the application for admission. Deadline for applying is April 15 of each year.
Email items 1, 2, 3, and 4 to firstname.lastname@example.org (Office of Admissions):
1. Statement explaining why the applicant is interested in obtaining an administrative leadership position
2. Writing Sample responding to this question: “What are the key critical issues facing PK-12 school systems and how will your leadership impact those key issues?" (No more than two pages, typed, double-spaced, one inch margin, 12 point type)
3. Resume including the following:
a. Educational background
b. Leadership/Teaching/Work Experience
c. Professional Development Activities/Professional Memberships
d. Related Activities (community involvement, other work with students/adults, etc.)
Our department will verify with the BOEE that applicant has a standard license, which is required for acceptance into the program.
4. Two Recommendations – One MUST be from an administrator who is knowledgeable about your performance and leadership potential. Recommendations MUST be submitted using this form - Recommendation Form - and submitted to email@example.com. No other forms of letters of recommendation will be accepted.
5. Official Copy of Transcripts must be requested and sent directly to UNI Admissions Office (Gilchrist 002 c/o Graduate Admissions, Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614-0018), unless all of your undergraduate and graduate hours are from UNI. "Official" means transcripts are sent directly from Registrar to Registrar. No transcripts handled by students will be accepted.
Upon receipt of the required application documents prior to or by the deadline, the application will be reviewed by the Department of Educational Leadership Faculty and a recommendation forwarded to the Graduate College for final approval.
All applicants will be notified of their status: Unconditional Admission, Provisional Admission or Denied.
Once approved, the Department will assign an advisor and provide enrollment information.