How To Apply to the UNI Superintendent Program
Application Procedure for Advanced Studies Certificate (ASC) (Superintendency)
Applicants complete an Application for Graduate Study. Please indicate:
1. Advanced Study Certificate (ASC) 26S for Superintendency endorsement.
Note: There will be a $60 application fee for application for admission to the program (unless you graduated from UNI with a B.A. or M.A.E.).
Applicants submit required application documents which support the application for admission. Deadline for applying is the 2nd Friday in November.
Please send items 1, 2, & 3 to Admissions by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the 2nd Friday in November.
1. A letter of application, including a brief statement of personal motivation to seek an administrative leadership position or advanced professional development in the area of educational leadership. Applicant must at least be serving in first year as an administrator in order to make application for superintendent program. Please send your letter of application as a PDF attachment to email@example.com.
2. A two-page typed, double spaced, one inch margins, 12 point type, academic essay focused on: "Leading Learning, Service, and Change in a PK-12 School District". Please send your essay as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. A resume which provides:
- Educational Background
- Leadership/Teaching/Work Experiences
- Professional Development Activities/Professional Memberships
- Related Activities (community involvement, other work with students/adults, etc.)
Please send your resume as a PDF attachment to email@example.com.
Letters of Recommendation
During the application process you will be asked for the name and e-mail address of two recommendations - one MUST be from an administrator who is knowledgeable about your performance and leadership potential. No other forms of letters of recommendation will be accepted.
Official Copy of Transcripts must be requested and sent directly to UNI Admissions Office (Gilchrist 002 c/o Graduate Admissions, Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614-0018), unless all of your undergraduate and graduate hours are from UNI. “Official” means transcripts are sent directly from Registrar to Registrar. No transcripts handled by students will be accepted.
Upon receipt of the required application documents, the applicant’s documents will be reviewed.
In order to be admitted to the Superintendent Program, applicant must have (or will have upon completion of the program) five years of educational experience (of which three as a building principal or other PK-12 district-wide or AEA administrative experience).
An admission status recommendation will be determined by the Educational Leadership faculty.
The Educational Leadership faculty recommends admission to the Department Head for concurrence and approval.
Admission decisions will be made each year by mid-December.
The applicant is assigned to regular admission status or admission is denied. All students admitted to the program are assigned an advisor.