The Grossman scholarship is available to any UNI student with a declared major or minor in Instructional Technology/ Educational Technology. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible. Students may not receive the Grossman Scholarship in two consecutive years.
Complete all of the requirements and submit your materials electronically by the due date:
- April 15, 2020
Applicants must create a web-presence which contains (or links) to all of the required materials.
- Description of educational and professional activities as they relate to this scholarship
- Sample project or paper from at least one course taken within the program
- A single-spaced (Times/12 point font/1-inch margins) one-page response to the following statement. State your reaction to this statement and the role of technology specialist or teacher leader as you envision it. While you can refer to authors for support, we are most interested in you sharing your own reactions and opinions:
"We have seen in each of the last three decades technological advances that were supposed to revolutionize learning opportunities fall short of reaching their potentials. We must learn from our past. It takes more than just hardware and materials to make improvements to education or training."
What is your vision of 21st-century learning?
How would you make the vision into a reality by meaningfully integrating technology into teaching and learning?
The URL must be submitted to Dr. Zeitz by the due date. Please place "Grossman Application" in the subject line. (Note: We will not contact you if there are any non-working links. They will just be considered missing requirements and the application will be disqualified.)
In the email, please include the following information:
- Home or School Address
- Telephone Number
- Student Number
- Program of Study
A. Bachelor's degree with a minor in Educational Technology
B. Master's degree in Instructional Technology
- Undergraduate GPA
- Graduate GPA if applicable
- Classification: Junior/Senior/Graduate
A transcript (non-official transcript)/Plan of Study Audit from the UNI Registrar's Office needs to be attached as a PDF file to your email.
Dr. Leigh Zeitz
618 Schindler Education Center
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0606