Graduate Assistantship Instructional Technology
Position Title: Graduate Teaching Assistant
Reports to: Dr. Leigh Zeitz, Lead Teacher for Educational Technology and Design
Terms of Employment:
- For the fall 2017 semester - August 21 - December 15, 2017: 20 hours per week. Does not include the week of Thanksgiving Break.
- For the spring 2018 semester - January 8 - May 4, 2018: 20 hours per week. Does not include the week of Spring Break.
- Will be expected to attend organizational meetings on Tuesdays, 9:30 – 11:30; one 1-hour lecture on Monday; 3 – 4 1-hour labs on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Full assistantship salary:
- MA - $5,120 per semester
- Salary will be prorated weekly for late start.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Graduate Assistants receive University holidays and do not work during Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, or the interims between semesters.
- The Graduate Assistantship and Tuition Scholarships will be applied for and awarded separately. Receiving one will not ensure that the other will be awarded to the applicant.
- For more information on the Graduate Assistantship System and procedures: http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships/
- Collaboratively teach labs on Wed and Friday.
- Become familiar with student assignments by completing them,
- Attend weekly organizational meetings,
- Correct homework, and
- Provide general support for the success of the course.
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in a UNI graduate program.
- Must be enrolled in 9 graduate credits applying to the degree, each semester of assistantship.
- Maintain a Plan GPA of at least 3.00. First semester graduate students must have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00.
- Preferred: Background experience in teaching.
Application Process and Deadline: To apply email the completed Application Form for Graduate Assistantship (available at http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships) to Dena Snowden at email@example.com.
Applications received by April 2, 2017 will be given preferential consideration.